Watering plants is a very common and essential activity to grow a plant. However, it is a common issue that could even kill the plant.
Here are the things to be taken care of while watering a plant.
1. Right Time to Watering
Don't water the plants when the soil is still moist. Wait for the soil to dry and then provide water. Also, it is not advisable to water plants during a sunny period like afternoons.
2. Know the plant's requirements
Not all types of plants have the same watering requirements. Some plants like philodendrons require frequent watering, whereas others like succulents and cacti need less water. Knowing about the plant will help in growing them well.
3. Climate Conditions
Many plants grow vigorously during summer, but not so much in winter. In monsoon season do not water frequently.
4. Best Water for Plants
Normal water is used to water the plants. The aquarium water is great as it contains many nutrients.
5. Correct watering of method
Never pour water directly onto plant foliage. Instead. water slowly to the soil till the water drains out.
6. Right Container is the key
When choosing a pot for your plant, choose one that has enough room for the root ball but is not too big or too small. Choose containers that have sufficient drainage holes.
Signs that you are watering your plants wrong
- If your plants look soft and wilted, they may be suffering from too much water.
- Brown leaves are a sign of either underwatering or overwatering problems.
- You should always check the soil by poking your finger into it. If it feels too dry or too wet, you need to adjust the water levels accordingly.
Organic pesticides and fertilizers
How does winter season affect your garden?
Why are my leaves turning yellow?
Dr. Vandana K.